compensation: Based on experience employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Under the direction of the Paraprofessional Team Leader the Certified Home Health Aide (CHHA) performs assigned duties in the patient’s home in a safe and considerate manner as prescribed by the case manager.
• Maintains open communication with case manager and/or Team Leader/Assistant Team Leader regarding health, safety and environment status of patients. Reports all changes in a timely manner.
• Complies with State/Federal regulatory acts.
• Perform all skills with competency, as indicated on the skills checklist.
• Communicates with Clinical Coordinator regarding all scheduling concerns relating to patients which may include, but not limited to changes such as times, days, patient absences and discharges.
• Communicates with case manager, an if not available, the Team Leader/Assistant Team Leader regarding any case concerns, patient problems, planned time off or other general schedule changes.
• Completes and submits required documentation, i.e., patient and employee time sheets, etc., accurately and on a timely basis.
• Report all concerns of possible patient abuse or neglect to the case manager and/or Team Leader.
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients.
• Perform only those tasks as prescribed by the case manager on the home health aide plan of care.
• Encourage patient in achieving an optimum level of independence by encouraging his/her participation in personal care and in interests and activities in the home, family and community.
• Provides or assists with post mortem care after pronouncement.
• Perform additional tasks as may be assigned by the Team Leader and/or case manager, depending on the specific situation or on the Home Health Aide’s experience and capabilities. Example: routine uncomplicated colostomy case and decubitus care.
• Provides understanding and emotional support to patient and significant others.
• If eligible, may participate in the Patient Transportation program for the Private Services department.
• All other duties as assigned.
Possess and maintain certification as a Home Health Aide or equivalent as approved by the Agency. One year satisfactory employment history preferred. Experience in care of the elderly preferred. Satisfactory completion of Skill Assessment Test. Able to record messages and keep records.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers